Due to recent dry and windy conditions, Rocky View County Fire Services (RVCFS) has issued a fire advisory, effective immediately throughout the county.
"This advisory will remain in effect as long as high-risk conditions remain," stated a press release from the County
During a fire advisory, all burning permits are suspended, according to RVCFS, and burning is banned, with the following exceptions:
- Internal household fire places
- Incinerators (for farm and acreage use)
- Burning barrels
- Camp stoves
- Solid fuel barbecues (charcoal briquettes)
- Propane/natural gas barbecues
- Propane/natural gas fire pit
- Recreational camp fires (approved burn pit 24” in diameter or less)
- Fires contained within approved facilities and appliances in designated camping and recreational areas
- Oil well flaring (must register with central fire dispatch at 403.264.1022)
For details on specific fire restrictions during an advisory, visit the County's Fire Bans & Advisories webpage.
For information on fire bans and advisories in other areas of the province, visit AlbertaFireBans.ca.