Eleven Rocky View Schools’ students were congratulated for getting 100 per cent on their 2010 diploma exams at the Rocky View Schools Education Centre, June 17.
“One hundred percent is a fabulous accomplishment that should be celebrated,” said Board Chair Sylvia Eggerer.
“This is great! I am glad we have so many 100 per cents from so many schools. It speaks to the staff we have and the quality of students.”
George McDougall student Marrissa Jones scored 100 per cent on her Math 30 diploma. Jones plans to go to the Alberta College of Art and Design for post secondary and she said math has not always been her best subject.
“I used to hate math,” she said.
“Having a teacher that understands how you learn really helps. (Brian DeGiueseppe) really knows what he is talking about.”
Jeffery Owen, a student at Springbank Community High School, gave credit to his parents for helping him achieve 100 per cent on his Math 30 Pure exam.
“Thank you to my parents. I am here today because of their hard work and what they taught me over the years,” he said.
Owen works at Safeway and volunteers with Samaritans Purse Operation Christmas Child, the food bank and other organizations
Trustee Helen Clease said volunteering is important in a well-rounded student.
“The marks reflect your hard work and the volunteering speaks to your characters.”
Trustee Colleen Munro said all the students are well-balanced individuals.
“Our future is in good hands,” she said.
Other students who achieved 100 per cent on their diploma exams are:
• Alexei Pepers – Springbank Community High School, Biology 30
• Jessica Riches – Chestermere High School, Chemistry 30
• Christine Patterson – Cochrane High School, English 30
• Stephen Diederichs – Springbank Community High School, Math 30 Pure
• Samuel Maloney – Springbank Community High School, Math 30 Pure
• Amanda Stone – Bert Church High School, Math 30 Pure
• Logan Armstrong – Springbank Community High School, Math 30 Pure
• Eric Vachon – Springbank Community High School, Math 30 Pure
• Nathanael Love - Springbank Community High School, Math 30 Pure